Saturday, January 26, 2008

The swift-footed twaddle

The swift-footed twaddle is a cagey seldom seen bird. It is like the garden nymph. You know it is there but it is too quick for your eye to ever catch it out in the open. Alas, the same is true of the twaddle bird. In order to see it you have to have gobs of time and you have to sit very still for epochs of time. You must creep silently out into the forest and wait. About the time moss has begun to grow between you toes is when you'll see the twaddle. Or at least catch a glimpse of him or her (the females are quicker than the males). I have never had enough time to do this but I've been told it is well worth the wait. We'll see.

After I've seen the swift-footed twaddle then I'll plan to incorporate the social networking tool twitter into my life. Right now I'm much to busy planning my foray into the forest to capture the heretofore unknown and unseen twaddle bird.

No comments: